This morning I woke up to a diaper blow out. Love those kinds of mornings. Eli and I climbed in the tub- him covered in poop and me in my pajamas, and did a thorough rinse off. Such excitement to start our day! I feel like this has been one of those weeks where crazy things just happen. Here's a run down on some of the adventures from our week.
- Ben was out of town for a day, so Eli and I had a long day to ourselves. Those kinds of days call for naps in mama's bed and walks to the grocery store for snacks.
- While I was eating dinner the other night with Eli in my lap, he reached out, stuck his whole hand in the middle of my bowl of pasta, and came up with a handful of noodles. We made a run for the sink before he got his fist to his mouth.
- My cousin told me recently that a new trend is for married couples to combine their last names to make a new last name. So rather than hyphenating Smith-Jones, for example, you could be Jomith or Smones. I discovered if Ben and I combined our last names we could be the Ramens. Yes I do mean like the crunchy noodle packages.
- I put jeans on Eli for the first time this week. It was adorable.
- It's feeling like fall here this week! I added a few decorations to the house and I'm enjoying a carmel candle too. I am ready to bake some pies and jump in a pile of leaves!
- We went to the Melting Pot with some friends this week and had a blast! A night out is always wonderful. The funniest part of the evening was that my friend Joy and I both wore dresses that were a little too short, and spent much of the evening pulling them down. Our husbands just laughed at us. Especially when our dresses were accompanied by Berry Sexy drinks.
- Ben just handed Eli to me... Eli looks up at me smiling while chewing on some computer piece he found on Ben's desk. We did a quick trade for Pooh.
I don't think our life ever gets less crazy. Maybe someday? Hope you all have a great weekend! And stay tuned Monday for The Domestic Engineer's first giveaway! You won't want to miss it!