Friday, July 20, 2018

A few of my favorite things: July

Happy Friday! July has been a HOT month for us. I've found myself drawn to quiet and cool indoor things. Although our days at the pool have been a favorite too.

(Matching shirts are from OshKosh, doll is from BlaBla.)

Affliate links used in this post. If you buy through the links, know I am grateful for your support!

Here are few things I'm loving this month:

The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel
This book was recommended to me by Modern Mrs. Darcy- my favorite blog for new reads! I love this line from page one, " The story has drawn me in and kept me guessing. It switches between characters without getting too confusing, and I can tell it's getting closer to a final reveal as I get deeper into the book. I'll let you know what I think when I finish it!

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie on Amazon Prime Video
Between house showings and a stomach bug, we've been relying on movies more than normal. This one is a favorite of both kids and me!

Creating Space for Quiet
It's so easy for me to turn to social media, audiobooks, or a movie when I have free time. I've been working to create more space to read, journal, and pray lately. I've seen such a difference in my daily attitude.

Summer Maxi Dress
I've been living in this dress (I have it in gray). It feels like pajamas but looks so much more polished. I'm thinking I'll try it with a belt for a different look sometime.

Puddle Jumper Floaties
One of my friends has a pool at her apartment complex and we've been going about once a week all summer. I'll be honest, the idea of swimming with three kids totally terrified me until my friend told me about these puddle jumpers. Now I can enjoy the pool and so can the kids.


What are you loving this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment