Friday, November 30, 2018

A Few of my Favorite Things: Gifts Ideas for You (and a Friend!)


As mamas, wives, friends, sisters, and daughters, we usually spend November and December with long lists of gifts to buy for others. I love gift giving and I imagine many of you do too! For a few years while I lived in Colorado, friends and I would get together for a "favorite things party." We would each bring an item that was one of our favorites and then do a gift exchange. I always came home with a gift I loved plus ideas for more! Inspired by our parties, here is a quick list of a few gift ideas for you and your friends at different price points. Send it to your mom, your husband, your best friend, and they'll have some ideas of what to choose for you this year. Or if you get a little Christmas cash, treat yourself!

Under $25

Literary Tote Bags

A new library bag in with your favorite book art from Literary Book Gifts. My personal favorite is Jane Austen. Browse through the over 50 styles to find your favorite (and check out the t-shirts too!). Use code TheDomesticEngineer20 for 20% off your order.

JR Watkins Lemon Hand Cream

This is my favorite hand cream. It smells like cookies and makes my hands so soft. I've linked to Amazon here, but you can grab it at Target as well.

Homebody by Joanna Gaines

How could I not include Joanna's new book? I haven't read it yet but it's on my Christmas list! 

The Secret Keeper

Of course I had to include a fiction book too! Kate Morton is an author I always come back to when I need a good book to read. I've listed the Secret Keeper because I think it's one of her best ones, but you can't go wrong. She also has a brand new book out called The Clockmaker's Daughter.

Write the Word Journal

These journals have become my favorite way to spend time in my Bible. There is space to write out the Scripture for the day, plus a page to journal your own thoughts. Each one also has a theme-- mine is prayer and I'm looking at hope or renewal next.


Under $50

A+D Sweater

I ordered this sweater from Amazon and I'm in love. It's cozy, flattering, and a great price at under $30! I have it in olive, and I'm thinking about ordering the coral as well.

The Simplified Planner

I currently use the weekly version of this planner and absolutely love it. The yearly edition is for sale right now, offering a full 2019 calendar plus room for daily and weekly tasks. I also have my eye on the magnet set this year. Use this link to get $10 off a $50 purchase!

Art by Lindsay Letters

Lindsay Letters has the most stunning artwork.  I have a couple of her hand lettering prints and I love them. Her newly redesigned site offers artwork from around $25 to several hundred dollars. An 11x14 art print is $34, which you could frame yourself.

Reading Journal Kit

I received this kit for Christmas last year and have kept track of my reading in the journal. It also comes with book darts (a new favorite!) and a few fun extras. This is perfect for a wrapped gift (the journal) plus stocking stuffers.


What are your go-to gifts for your friends? And what's on your Christmas list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment