Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Few of my Favorite Things: January

Hello friends! It's a cold and rainy Thursday here in North Carolina, the perfect day to cozy up and write to you!

But first, a quick note about the blog: A few of you have asked me how to receive emails when I write a new post. After a lot of trial and error, I finally created a way to make this happen! If you view this (or any) post on my blog, you'll see a form on the right side that says "Add me to the email list!" Simply input your name and email into this form, and I'll add you to my email list. I will send out an email each time a new post is published.

And now, a few of my favorite things this month!

Library Days

Our local library is absolutely fantastic. The librarians are friendly, the story time is phenomenal, and the holds shelf is always full of books I request! If you have little (or big!) people in your life who need something to do on cold days, I highly recommend checking out your local library. They offer so many programs and activities. I'm working on a post all about utilizing your local library. Stay tuned! (Wondering what I'm reading? I keep a link to my current reads here.)

Legos

We turned our train table into a lego table for Christmas and I had no idea how many hours of fun it would provide! All three kids love it, and have had so much fun playing together and creating new projects. Eli loved this Ninjago set and this DIY book, and Tessa has had hours of imaginary fun with this set that matches her new doll.

The Enneagram

Some of you know that I'm a personality test junkie. I've recently learned about the Enneagram and have loved discovering my type! It's a little confusing at first, but check out @enneagramandcoffee on Instagram or the Matt Morgan Podcast for help understanding yourself. I am a 9w1, meaning type 9 that also has traits of a 1. This basically means that keeping peace is very important to me, and I love being cozy and at home. Having 1 traits is where my organized side comes in. There's so much to learn and it's so fun! I love learning about myself and the people I love.

Cozy Clothes

In line with my type 9, I've been all about cozy clothes this month to combat the cold. For at-home days, these yoga leggings help hold in the mom-tummy and have a cell phone pocket!  This sweater has become a definite favorite. It's cozy, roomy, and comes several really pretty colors. I have the v-neck style in olive and I'm thinking about ordering the crew neck style in rose coral. I'm also love this cozy blanket scarf for days I'm outside or on the go. I even sent it to a couple friends for Christmas!



What are you loving this month? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment