Monday, January 14, 2019

Brave



Happy 2019! I hope your new year is off to a fantastic start.

New years always make me pause and think about the coming year and all I hope it will hold. My type-A sensibilities take over and I make goals. This year I want to read 40+ books, I want to write more, I want to create something new.

But then? Then my anxiety sets in. What if I fail? What if my ideas are a complete flop? What if I don't fulfill my goals? I have come to a point this week where my fear of failure feels almost paralyzing at times. I keep doing the same things over and over, knowing nothing will change but afraid to make the change.

As I prayed through a word for my year, the word I kept coming back to is BRAVE. You see, I am not a risk taker. I like to be calm, comfortable, and content. I don't always want to try new things. And yet God is calling me forward. New things, new relationships, a whole new state! Being brave can be scary but it is also just what I need to do this year.

Truthfully, I am really excited about a year of being brave. I have so many new ideas and dreams! I can't wait to share them with you all. And I'm slowly learning that progress over perfection is my true aim anyways.

What is your word or big goal this year? I'd love to cheer you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment