Thursday, April 26, 2012

One Month Old


My little man is one month old today. I find it hard to believe March 26 was that long ago. In some ways it feels like Eli has been part of our lives forever. In other ways, like he has barely been here a day.


He has brought so much joy to our lives in such a short time. I love watching his personality develop-- his facial expressions, coos, cries and all the hilarious noises he makes.


It really is true when veteran moms say that the first month is the hardest. I have been exhausted and sleep deprived ever since Eli made his appearance. I haven't slept more than 3 hours in a row. Who knew I could function on so little sleep?! I don't know who keeps the secret, but nursing really does hurt, and so does healing from childbirth (although I figured as much).


In spite of all that, this really has been one of the most amazing months of my life. I love my Elijah John so much. Being his mama is amazing, and I can't wait for all the months yet to come.

All pictures copyright Firebird Imaging. Images may not be reproduced for any purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment