Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesdays on the Homefront

Cooking: Last night I baked zucchini bread for Ben. Just one problem: we didn't have any eggs! I've found though, that I can substitute ingredients for the eggs sometimes and it works really well. Just combine 1 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 T water and  1 1/2 T oil. I wouldn't recommend it for more than one to two eggs, though. Click here for more egg substitutions.
   
Cleaning: I've discovered that if I get up about a half hour before Eli does in the morning, I get so much done! I think that may be my little quiet time to clean the house and enjoy some silence. Now if I could just get to bed early enough so that I wake up when I need to!
   
Creating: My friend Joy came over last week and we both got a lot of sewing done. I finished quite a few things for Eli. I'm so proud of myself! Look for posts coming soon with the pictures. Then over the weekend, Joy and Lacey both came over and we worked on our blogs! I'm so excited to blog with them and chronicle our adventures.

Loving: Eli's smile is one of my very favorite things. When his eyes light up and he gives me that giant, open mouthed smile I fall in love. He's figured this out too, and tries to use that smile to get out of going to bed. Sometimes it works too. 
   
Living: Ben and I have been going through Real Marriage by Mark and Grace Driscoll with our small group. The book has been really good, but the last chapter was incredible. Mark and Grace encourage each couple to go through their life, defining priorities, setting goals and dreaming together. Ben and I are planning to start going through the extensive list of questions the book offers and start really nailing down what our life together looks like.
   
Learning: I've always struggled to stand up for myself in my life, particularly in close relationships. Since Eli was born, this has become an issue again, but I am finding a new sense of strength. As a mother, I have a deep knowledge that I must protect and guard my family. This has allowed me to begin creating some healthy boundaries in my life. The process is difficult, but I am learning!

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try the egg sub thing. I did my first post introducing myself! Take a look!

    http://mailordermountainwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! I will try the egg substitute!
    Recreateanddecorate@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete